Select an image
Preinstalled core image
The preinstalled-core filesystem archive allows you to unpack a preinstalled version of Ubuntu Core onto a target device.
There are three images available, each for a different type of computer:
- 64-bit PC (AMD64) preinstalled core image
- Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the i386 images instead. Choose this if you are at all unsure.
- 32-bit PC (i386) preinstalled core image
- For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors.
- ARM EABI (Hard-Float) preinstalled core image
- For ARMv7 processors and above (Hard-Float).
For ARM hardware for which we do not ship preinstalled images, see ARM/Server/Install for detailed installation information.
A full list of available files can be found below.